Monday, August 13, 2012



               FLORIDA TAKE 2... FISHING TRIP TO STINAHACHIE ...
Here is our wknd.....  a little cooking a little fishing ...but let me confess first...  I've never been fishing, never really been out on a boat, never ever put my toes in water that I couldn't see the bottom of..but this wknd I did! & I  had a great time ...it was an experience I wont forget. But I did leave the fishing up to the experts.


First Catch
Blue Crabs....&   Oh and  a little Old Bay Seasoning, ... Add an Ice cold Sam Adams
Summer the result = perfection


      After Crab.....It was Rib time...cranking up the grill and eating outside just makes everything taste better don't you think? Well I do and here my friends is a great recipe you must try!

    there was nothing  too complex about the recipe...it was very simple . I used a rub mix that was already put together .When I started thinking about making ribs I was trying to come up with the perfect mix of spices, but soon realized the "store bought" mixes are really great and instead of buying 15 different spices  they were all in one...

                                                             - BBQ Ribs-
                                                            1-4-6 oz- container dry rub mix 
                                                            2 Racks bone in BBQ ribs(not pre-marinated)
                                                            1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce of your choice
                                                            2 tbs olive oil
                                                            Kosher salt & Pepper

                               Place ribs on a large cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil
             rub generously with olive oil, then kosher salt & Pepper , using entire container of dry rub coat both sides very generously...Place in refrigerator over night. The next day preheat oven to 250 degrees,  cover ribs with foil and bake for 3 hrs. When done baking remove and preheat outdoor grill to medium setting . baste with BBQ sauce & cook ribs for 7 minutes turning half way through cooking time..these were a huge hit..Ive had many request since ..I will be making these again soon
 
                                                                 
                                                                            "The Lodge"
Really cute & very comfy...This was our weekend accommodations,not to shabby at all..loved the rustic Decor & Comfy feel
-Sea Hag Marina-
this is where the fun begins ,everyday this was the first stop..then in the boat we go
great place for a beer after a LONG day of fishing!

Beautiful houses along the water...love the colors and Florida feel
this cutie pie was a friend of the family's grandson...I  took so many pics of him ,he was just so adorable...he's holding the first scallop of the day!
treasure of the sea...
                   end of the day....we after all didn't find many scallops..but it was a beautiful day out on the water

Back to the Marina...ohhh what a day!!!

special thank you to Cathy & Walter Blye..thanks for such a great vacation


1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Naples. One of these days I'll start my own blog featuring all of my recipes. I've been working on a cookbook since 2011, gotta get that done first.

    ReplyDelete