Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday Weekend Away!

 last Wednesday was my 40th Birthday...& what better way to celebrate than going to the beach for the wknd??  I think if I celebrated 40 more it would be hard to top this past wknd...Hope you enjoy the pictures and places of beautiful Goose Rocks Beach Maine!! Thank you to the amazing people I have in my life who not only made my birthday so special but make everyday special ...love to you all!

                                                             from my sister..she is too sweet!
                                                       Some of the beautiful beach houses...
                                         
Avocado-Shrimp-Grapefruit Salad
of course food is always a big part of any family gathering ...we bbq'd on Saturday this was a salad I made for the party...its light combo of shrimp, grapefruit and avocado make it perfect for a outdoor party!

    Just a few miles down the road from Goose Rocks Beach is "the port" an adorable down town area of  Kennebunkport , I could have spent all day here going in and out of all the little shops and restaurant's...we did stop for a blueberry martini ...why not? after all we were in Maine..



the kids loved the candy store..
           I loved this super cute ice cream shop...I mean how down right adorable is this place?
   
I walked in this store and never ever wanted to leave or shop anywhere else again...Ive  been dreaming of having one like it ever since...All of these places were so much fun to visit.. I was so excited to see the great variety of food & wine..I wanted to buy everything take it home and create enless amazing recipes it was just such a fun wknd!   ...hope you  get a chance to visit Kennebunkport Maine ...you will truly enjoy!!





 

2 comments:

  1. One word - GORGEOUS. The photography is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I love taking pictures it has to be one of the best things about blogging!!!..and after seeing all of your beautiful photography i was very inspired..your photos are aways GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete